Friday, November 7, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again!

Every year just after Halloween I get the "Christmas Itch"! It has been my favorite time of the year since I was a wee little kid. My family followed certain traditions that I carry on with my family today.

By far my favorite tradition is baking Christmas cookies! Starting in November, I try to bake at least 1 different type of cookie once a week and once December hits I step it up, sometimes baking a different cookie everyday! I save them all in the freezer (minus the ones that I "taste test") and bring them out starting on Christmas Eve. They normally last through New Years. I will try to post pictures of the cookies as I bake them this year (along with my "secret" recipes).

I also LOVE decorating our house for Christmas. We put up our tree early, often before Thanksgiving, and take it down LATE (March-ish :). We figure, why take it down early, when it takes so long to get it set up. Besides, it looks so pretty all lit up! I have been collecting ornaments for years now and have quite an extensive collection. I will post a picture of our tree once it is set up.

And, yes, that is me in the picture above. I was the first born as well as the "only daughter" and was quite spoiled; especially at Christmas! Every year my family drove up from North Carolina to western Pennsylvania to spend the holidays with my extended family (which at the time was quite large; hence the reason why I am surrounded by toys). I am not sure if I enjoyed being dressed up as Miss Claus. I will have to ask my mom about that :)

I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season and I look forward to sharing some photos with you in the weeks to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe...you look precious! I think I had some of those same toys when I was a baby. Brings back memories!

Anonymous said...

I could use a good gingerbread boy recipe. Mine always turn out too dry and hard :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, the long family holiday trips! We drove from Ohio to northern Michigan almost every Xmas when I was younger. I don't know how our parents put up with us for that long in the car!

Anonymous said...

I adore your little outfit!