Friday, April 4, 2008

The Black Apple!

I have always been very picky when it comes to choosing artwork to hang in our home. Because of this our walls have remained mostly bare for quite a while. About 6 months ago I was browsing on www.etsy.com and happened to come across a shop called 'The Black Apple' run by a super sweet girl named Emily Martin. I am usually VERY lucky to find one piece of artwork in a gallery that I would consider purchasing for our home. When I browsed through Emily's store I had the opposite problem! I could not find a single painting that I did not want to NOT buy! I now own about 20 pieces of her work and my walls are no longer bare! I took pictures (above) of some of the pieces I have purchased that are hanging in various areas of our home. These pictures do not do her work justice. If you would like to visit Emily's store just click on the following link:The Black Apple! Apparently I am not the only one who loves The Black Apple because Emily is currently the number one seller on Etsy and was recently on the Martha Stewart show! My only problem now is that I am running out of room in our house to hang her beautiful artwork! Time to remodel :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also a huge fan of Emily's work! If I could only get my hands on one of her dolls.... They are impossible to get :(

Anonymous said...

I agree! The Black Apple ROCKS!